This is a unique opportunity to be part of a quickly growing, large scale accessibility support project. The Accessibility Support Consultant is responsible for providing the Disability Support team expertise and insight into accessibility across all client products, ultimately helping to support external users within the accessibility community. You will work closely with the Accessibility Community Program Manager and partner cross functionally with multiple teams to identify accessibility issues and drive improvements through implementation.
You will also play an important role in the development, configuration and deployment of new services and features offered by the Disability Support team as well as advising cross-teams on accessibility deliverables by consistently highlighting user feedback.
This position requires a self-starter with strong communication, organisation and leadership skills as you will be working on multiple projects, with cross-functional teams simultaneously. The right candidate for this role is a critical thinker, organised, has excellent project management skills, an eye for the customer experience, is able to assess and articulate risks, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You lead by example, set high quality standards and communicate them effectively while holding yourself to the same high standards in every circumstance.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
● Experience in accessibility consulting, developing and/or testing accessibility desirable
● High level of knowledge and previous experience using various accessibility products and features (Android, Chrome, ChromeVox, G Suite Apps, etc.)
● High level of technical understanding including some coding knowledge
● Minimum 1 year project management experience
● Strong communication skills; fluent in both written and spoken English
● Strong organisational and customer support skills
● Motivated and creative thinker with strong problem solving aptitude
● Proven ability to assess, reproduce, escalate and track issues
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
● Strong knowledge and experience with using JAWS, NVDA and Windows
● Knowledge and expertise with WCAG compliance
● Point of contact and accessibility subject matter expert for disability support agents.
● Work with disability support agents and QA tester to help answer inquiries, identify potential accessibility issues and workarounds.
● Submit accessibility bugs and escalate accessibility issues cross-functionally as needed.
● Work cross functionally to identify projects that may impact current customer support processes and identify how to adapt moving forward.
● Assist in launch readiness activities from document creation to rollout plan.
● Provide guidance & accessibility customer service expertise to ensure launch excellence.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.