Our Tipperary based client is actively looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference with a proven track record in managing environment, sustainability and waste.
Due to an internal promotion a brilliant opportunity for a Waste & Sustainability Manager has become available. This role offers the opportunity to make a difference, grow and develop a diverse network with global exposure and influence.
In order to excel in this role you should be able to create and deliver a Sustainability plan, you should have a good working knowledge of Environmental legislation (especially permits/licences), environmental systems audits and waste reduction. A good financial sense will also be extremely beneficial.
Much of the work is site based for live event days and office based for planning/organising, although the job also involves visiting contractors and facilities.
As Waste & Sustainability Manager, you will be responsible for setting and implementing the company's vision for zero waste to landfill and greater segregation at source of waste materials. You will also ensure that the planning and operations are supported with the resources and guidance that results in the company achieving their strategic goals.
In this position you will act as both the internal and external technical expert on zero waste and sustainable waste management practices, ensuring that actions are innovative as well as promoting leading industry change.
You will lead and manage a portfolio of strategic waste-related initiatives and projects to effectively move the organization to intended outcomes. Track progress, identify gaps, and propose solutions to improve intended results.
Duties will include
- Planning of large event waste management infrastructure and disposal logistics will require the successful candidate to be onsite for major events
- To help the operational, admin and sales teams, manage budgets and assist in event logistics planning.
- You will be meticulous with data, with an ability to work with large complex datasets to report on waste quantities and trends whilst benchmarking performance.
- Advising the client on how to reduce, reuse and recycle their waste.
- Dealing with senior clients and meet expectation whilst adhering to company values.
- Reviewing forthcoming Environmental and Sustainability legislation and ensure internal and client processes are reviewed to ensure full compliance.
- Tracking waste trends, waste data and implementing innovations to meet waste objectives and agreed budgets.
- Devising strategies for new and existing refuse reduction/collection projects and coordinating their implementation.
- Assist with the development, promotion and implementation of new waste disposal schemes
- Ensure compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling and disposal of waste
- Formulate and control budgets for waste disposal
- Monitor the quality and performance of waste services, including contract management of external providers
- Ensure the safe operation of the site processing equipment
- Complete all paperwork inspections and reports associated with the site such as the standards for H&S and environmental compliance.
- Manging onsite operations and resources
- Motivate site teams / individuals to improve performance
- Manage the classification of incoming and outgoing waste to ensure correct revenues being received and correct recoveries being recognised
- Communicate company goals to employees
- A degree in waste management of similar is preferred. Other relevant subjects include:
- Biological or biochemical sciences
- Civil/structural/mechanical engineering
- Earth sciences
- Environmental science
- Hardworking, multi-disciplined and flexible individual
- Experience in commercial and recyclable waste markets is preferable
- 5 years of experience with aspirational waste standards and metrics (e.g., regulations, policy, procurement, auditing, tracking).
- 5 years of experience in program management, including internal and external stakeholder management, overseeing budgets, schedules, deliverables, and vendor negotiation and contracting.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve agreed targets while maintaining employee engagement in the business
- Be a decision-maker.
- Have a genuine interest in the recycling innovations and always looking for further opportunities to increase recycling rates.
- Ability to understand process flows
- Ability to work safely in a complicated and challenging environment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.