Are you a qualified accountant and/or tax advisor with a keen interest in VAT?
Morgan McKinley are working with a progressive and reputable company who are looking for a part time VAT Accountant to join their team on a 9-12 month contract basis. The successful candidate will be reporting into the senior financial accountant and working as part of the financial control team.
This role involves:
- Preparation and submission of ROI VAT and SSDT returns and ownership of relevant general ledger postings and reconciliations;
- Ensure the accuracy of VAT rates on product files and engage and actively
- challenge business stakeholders;
- Support both finance and non-finance functions on their understanding and application of VAT
- Support project teams/working groups as necessary on VAT accounting and treatments for commercial transactions
- Conduct reviews of business transactions for appropriate treatment and recording of VAT;
- Support internal and external audit reviews as required;
- Support various CI initiatives and improvement in internal control.
- Be a qualified accountant or tax advisor with at least 2/3 years relevant post qualified experience, a working knowledge of VAT is essential.
- Have strong IT (proficiency in excel is required), interpersonal and organisational
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 will be of distinct advantage but not necessary.
- A high level of attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
For more information on this role or on similar opportunities in the market, please contact Emma Russell on 021 2300 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Or apply directly with your cv.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.