An exciting opportunity as a Product Director for a leading Logistics ERP software company in either Dublin or Limerick
We are currently seeking a Trade & Transportation Product Director for our client to be based out of either Dublin or Limerick. You will be the key subject matter expert (SME) in high volume package delivery and transportation operations to help drive the tactical and strategic road map for North America and EMEA.
You will have strong knowledge and working understanding of high volume transportation and package operations, including related Government regulations, trade rules, business operations.
What you'll do:
Product Direction and Research
- Transportation Execution product owner with responsibility for documentation and thought-leadership aspects in this area.
- Perform Market Research and competitive analysis.
- Develop a "Needs Analysis" for the Trade & Transportation system product road map:
- Work closely with customers in gathering desired functional requirements
- Work with all aspects of the business to further define high volume parcel and transportation execution strategy, product development plan, release management and roll-out plans.
- Support Sales, Pre-Sales and Services in client and net new prospect engagements, on-site and or remotely as the SME.
- Work with Global Trade Content team on identifying content necessary to support the business, including potential content sources/providers.
- Author and or co-author articles, sales collateral and white papers.
- Attend and participate with industry events, speaking as part of expert panel engagements.
- Participate in Webinars, user-group meetings, etc. Evangelize through social media channels and programs.
- Revises existing assets in the Transportation Management, GTM, etc., library.
Services / Implementation
- Provide expertise and guidance in Transportation Execution to project team and customers.
- Provide training to the organization.
What you'll need
- A minimum of 10 years of industry experience within the shipment planning/execution operations of a high volume carrier or within a multinational manufacturer/distributor with similar high-volume shipping requirements, for North America and EMEA (experience with APAC a plus)
- Familiarity with Trade & Transportation systems and related enabling technologies, including experience with system selection and implementation
- Proven ability to develop internal procedures that improved operational performance/efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as Trade & Transportation, Business/International Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering. An advanced degree
- Industry trade certification from a recognized body
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.