Trade Execution Manager
Global Investment Bank - Trade Support Manager
The main focus of this managerial role is to;
- Identify business needs which will be supported by the local team - for Cash Equity, Linear Equity
- and to Provide day to day trade desk support to the following Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities businesses
The Manager will be accountable for;
- The execution of Trade Support activities that require specialized handling and skills applying in-depth product knowledge.
- Manage the support and development of the Cash Equity, and Linear Equity TDS team (direct reports)
- Support the introduction of new products, technology or processes across all lines of business.
- Advise on the implications of new product introductions and change initiatives.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Capital Markets Trading Products desk, Product Operations personnel and other stakeholder groups.
- Adhering to related regulatory and Bank policies and procedures (P&Ps) at all times.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of business related experience in the financial services industry.
- University Degree in related discipline.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FICC Products with emphasis on
- Money Market, Repo and Derivatives and their respective front to back flow e.g. CD, ECP, repo/reverse repo, floating rate repo, tri-party repo, fx forwards and fx swaps, interest rate futures, swaps, cross currency swaps, basis swaps, exchange traded options, OTC options and bonds.
- Knowledge of trade book funding (secured & unsecured)
- An understanding of risk measures and the drivers of p/l.
- Experience of spreadsheet automation with VBA.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Equity and Equity derivative products with emphasis on:
- Cash Equity Brokerage
- Cash Equity issuance process
- Equity Swap structure and hedging
- Knowledge of the following trading systems would be beneficial - Calypso, Bloomberg, TOMS, Markitwire, DSTS, IMPACT / ICI, OMGEO Alert, OMGEO CTM, EPIM, Fidessa, Global One, SwapOne
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Regulatory oversight bodies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines independently or in a team-based environment.
- Strong investigation and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking and sound judgement when making decisions.
- Good organizational skills, highly motivated and adaptable to a changing business environment.
- Good understanding of business unit's risk and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel.
- Ability to identify, understand and independently investigate issues.
- Ability to resolve issues and follow through with implementation of solutions.
Product & Process
- Point person for the FICC trade desk, back office and respective clients on issues regarding trade discrepancies , trade verification and amendments, funding , position reconciliations, p/l , trade allocations
- Accountable for the execution of assigned day-to-day Trade Support activities in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Support the resolution of discrepancies/exceptions escalating to management as required.
- Support the introduction of new products, technology or processes that are in line with Business Partner initiatives participating in the analysis, testing and implementation activities.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in support of Trade Support activities.
- Participate in various stakeholder forums (Project Delivery/ Technology/ Regulatory/ Risk) in support of Trade Support activities.
- Compile risk metrics for management.
Risk & Control
- Identify potential risk situations within the scope of Trade Support activities across of lines of business, escalating to management as required.
- Ensure adherence to directives, internal processes and internal approvals to mitigate risk to the Bank.
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements as prescribed for the business unit to ensure adherence as required.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Contribute to testing and updating of contingency planning to support the business and maintain continuity of critical processes throughout a contingency event.
- Contribute to ensuring all procedures/ standards of team(s) are documented and regularly reviewed and updated as needed in accordance with market best practise guidelines and industry regulations.
Business Performance Management
- Identify opportunities to improve the operational effectiveness of assigned day-to-day Global Trade Support activities.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Develop excellent working relationships with Capital Markets Trading Products desks, Product Operations and other stakeholder groups ensuring we have a global view across the business.
- Align individual performance goals to the team.
All interested candidates should send cvs to Susan Nix - firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.