Technical Support Engineer Tier 1
My client, a technology solutions company based in Castlebar, Mayo are looking for a service desk engineer to join their service desk team. The successful candidate will have one years experience in a technical support position and will be willing to work to a shift pattern.
- Resolve customer (technical) issues
- Responsible for logging calls reported to the Service Desk via Telephone or Email.
- Resolve 1st line support calls, including AD Admin, Permissions, Application Support, escalating to 3rd Parties where necessary.
- Following IT procedures
- Monitor incident and request progress against SLA targets, liaising with support groups and keeping users informed of progress
- Quality check and close resolved support calls with agreement of user
- Use remote access software to interrogate end user PCs to identify and rectify technical issues
- Appropriate second or third level qualification or ITIL certified/trained an advantage, able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of PC technologies used in one or more of the following hardware platforms: Desktops/Laptops/Mobile Phone
- Good to excellent working knowledge of one or more current operating systems and one or more of Microsoft or other applications like Office, MSX, SQL,and/or other software.
- Working knowledge of network client installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues.
- An understanding of network server roles (For non Server/storage functions).
- Confidence in interpreting these in order to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Excellent customer service skills; this includes language proficiency and communication skills, good writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Must be open to shift work (Day/Night/Weekend shifts)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.