Analytical QC Supervisor required for an OSD manufacturing facility based in North Dublin.
Analytical QC Supervisor required for an OSD manufacturing facility based in North Dublin. This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract position.
In this role you will manage up to 10 Technical Transfer Chemists.
You will support QA, Technical Service and production teams according to schedule and plan to ensure targets are met and that laboratory personnel are properly trained and qualified.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities required:
- Supervise daily laboratory operations, ensuring laboratory personnel execute their responsibilities in strict accordance with relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Support the weekly and daily production schedules and participate in the daily Tier 1 meetings to review shift production goals and to review execution against the shift's goals.
- Attend with the supervisors of support functions daily Tier 2 meetings to review shift production goals and execution against the shift's goals.
- Provide direction to laboratory personnel internally and at contract laboratories to ensure production is able to complete the targets specified in the daily production plan.
- Manage samples for analytical testing and the generation of results at external /contract laboratories
- Provide hands on training, support, and coaching to laboratory personnel and make timely decisions to ensure that performance Service Level Agreements (SLAs) can be met.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate scientific studies to improve the performance of current analytical methods.
- Lead the development and qualification of methods and sampling techniques for use in cleaning validation studies to support the site product mix.
- Assess new laboratory equipment purchases for laboratory effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Chemistry or related Science
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in Quality Control and Technical Transfer
- At least 2 years experienced in supervising a team within a GMP environment through metric and business goals
- Experience in method validation/method transfer and compendial verifications.
- Demonstrate competency in the operation, calibration and qualification of common analytical instrumentation e.g. HPLC, Dissolution, GC, FTIR, UV/Vis and other instrumental and Wet chemistry technologies used in pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory.
- Experience using: LIMS systems, Microsoft Office suite, TrackWise, EDOCS and Chromatographic software e.g. Empower
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.