Fantastic opportunity for a Tax Manager for the German market.
Our client are a leading software technology company in Dublin City Centre who are currently recruiting for a Tax Manager to join their operations focusing on their German business.
Reporting into the Tax Director, this position will involve travelling to Germany on a regular basis. You also need to be bi-lingual in German and English.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete preparation of quarterly and annual US GAAP tax reporting requirements and drive tax provision consistency and best practices for the groups German companies
- Review of German tax reporting submissions to ensure that they reflect proper application of US GAAP principles, tax structuring actions and the consistent application of intercompany transactions for their German companies.
- Co-ordinating & training of local finance teams on the US GAAP tax reporting procedure and assisting in the clairification of tax accounting and reporting issues.
- Assisting with the management of the tax return process, review provision to return calculations and communicate the impact of return filings.
- Assisting the tax planning and transfer pricing teams with project related work as well as tax controversy.
- Fully qualified accounting qualification along with a recognised German professional tax qualification
- 3-6 years tax experience within the tax function of a Big 4 public accounting firm in Germany
- Knowledge of accounting and consolidations systems (SAP, HFM) and tax reporting software (OneSource/Taxstream) is advantageous
- Familiarity with international tax and transfer pricing principles is an advantage
- Fluent German & English is essential for the role
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines for US GAAP reporting needs
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally - this role will involve frequent travel to Germany.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a fast paced, energetic company that can offer exceptional career progression.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.