Ideal opportunity for a NQ Tax Consultant to join a global airline as Tax Manager
Tax Manager - Aviation
Our client is among the 20 largest global airlines and headquartered in North America.
Due to a major fleet expansion program to service new markets, they are expanding their tax team and recruiting a Tax Manager.
The large number of new aircraft deliveries and disposals in various jurisdictions as well as the expansion into new markets has created an increased demand for international tax advice across several jurisdictions.
The Aircraft Transactions Tax Manager will be responsible for working with the Dublin based Tax Manager in managing international income and transactional tax risks in relation to a wide range of aircraft and engine transactions, including sale, purchases, leases, novation's, extensions and redeliveries and other ad-hoc international tax projects.
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified with a desire to develop into a more senior role in the short to medium term.
The Aircraft Transactions Tax Manager's responsibilities will be to:
- Review legal agreements and recommend solutions to minimize tax exposure related to aircraft and engine transactions as well as conducting research on international tax issues and risks.
- Conducting review of term sheets and agreements relating to aircraft and engines including purchase, sale, lease, sub-lease, lease extension, novation, financings and re-financings, under the initial guidance of the Manager, Tax Aircraft Transactions.
- Undertake research on tax risks in foreign jurisdictions in connection with aircraft transactions.
- Assess the tax implications of proposed transactions and proposing solutions to minimize tax implications.
- Implement guidelines/procedures to ensure that the company is not exposed to adverse tax risks under the initial guidance of the Manager, Tax Aircraft Transactions.
- Manage other ad-hoc international tax issues.
- Big 4/Top 10 trained.
- Recently qualified CTA/AITI (finalist may be considered dependant on experience).
- Experience/Knowledge of aircraft and/or aviation industry a distinct advantage but strong international tax experience will be sufficient.
- Ability to interpret complex legal concepts and language.
- Fast learner with a desire to learn more about international structures and tax issues.
- To succeed in this role, you should be curious, flexible, perseverant and capable of handling situations with tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have the ability to work in Ireland without restriction.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.