Tax Manager role with a Global Technology company in Dublin City Centre (North).
Morgan McKinley are representing a global technology company, who are expanding their finance department and hiring a Tax Manager for their Dublin office.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will be the primary tax expert and responsible for overseeing the group's tax affairs, ensuring multi-jurisdictional compliance across all tax heads (Corporation Tax, VAT, Transfer Pricing). You'll also support the Head of Finance with tax planning exercises in conjunction with external advisory firms and R&D tax credit preparation and submission.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to play a leading financial role within a truly worldwide organization and gain valuable industry experience.
The ideal candidate will be AITI/ACA qualified with a minimum of 1 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment, but relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a full professional qualification. A broad knowledge of IFRS and Irish/UK GAAP will be essential.
Dependant on experience, the salary range for this role will be negotiable, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
- Ensuring multi-jurisdictional tax compliance for the group across all tax heads (Corporation Tax, VAT, Transfer Pricing, Employee Taxes)
- Assisting with tax planning in conjunction with Head of Finance/Group Financial Controller and external tax advisory firms
- Transfer pricing compliance and administration
- Tax reporting both externally and internally
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of tax returns
- R&D tax credit preparation and submission
- Dealing with tax audits
- Accounting for income and deferred tax
- Introducing new policies and procedures to ensure tax compliance
- Tax advisory in the context of commercial initiatives such as new customer contracts
- Non-tax related:
- Capital expenditure accounting
- Share scheme accounting and administration (including cash-based schemes)
- Share capital accounting
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified CTA/ACCA/ACA with a minimum of 1 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment
- Strong technical skills including broad knowledge of IFRS and Irish/UK GAAP
- Competent in Microsoft Office, with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- The proven ability to quickly assess problems and find effective solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research and simplify complex situations
- Very detail-orientated with an ability to translate financial data into information that can be understood by departments in a non-finance role
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communicator both orally and in writing.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.