Tax Associate/Snr Associate for top tax practice in an expanding law firm.
Our client, a leading Irish law firm providing services to high profile companies, financial institutions and government bodies in relation to complex legal transactions, is seeking an experienced Tax Associate/Senior Associate to work as part of our team within the Dublin office in relation to both compliance and consultancy services across a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
Candidates will have the opportunity to be involved across a range of areas and industry sectors:
This Tax Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- responsibility for ensuring the firm's clients comply with their corporate and personal tax requirements (including supervision of client compliance work).
- researching and identifying tax issues and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- researching technical tax issues.
- providing general ad hoc advices to clients and other departments within the firm in relation to employment, corporate, VAT, estate and succession planning, etc.
- completion of ad hoc consultancy transactions.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements and will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- a qualified member of the Irish Taxation Institution (and either a member of the Law Society or a chartered accountant).
- 2 - 6 years' minimum post qualification tax experience.
- good technical knowledge of current tax legislation.
- demonstrable analytical skills.
- excellent drafting skills.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- an ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Firm, with other advisors and with our clients.
- motivated and capable of working independently in a pressured, but friendly, working environment.
- strong organisational, financial and time management skills.
- strong business development skills would be a distinct advantage.
- strong commercial awareness, sharing the firm's commitment to an in-depth understanding of our client's businesses.
- a keen interest in our client's business resulting in a pro-active approach to client relationship management.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.