Tax Associate/Snr Associate for top tax practice in an expanding law firm.
Our client, a leading Irish law firm providing services to high profile companies, financial institutions and government bodies in relation to complex legal transactions, is seeking an experienced Tax Associate/Senior Associate to work as part of our team within the Dublin office in relation to both compliance and consultancy services across a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
Candidates will have the opportunity to be involved across a range of areas and industry sectors:
This Tax Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- responsibility for ensuring the firm's clients comply with their corporate and personal tax requirements (including supervision of client compliance work).
- researching and identifying tax issues and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- researching technical tax issues.
- providing general ad hoc advices to clients and other departments within the firm in relation to employment, corporate, VAT, estate and succession planning, etc.
- completion of ad hoc consultancy transactions.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements and will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- a qualified member of the Irish Taxation Institution (and either a member of the Law Society or a chartered accountant).
- 2 - 6 years' minimum post qualification tax experience.
- good technical knowledge of current tax legislation.
- demonstrable analytical skills.
- excellent drafting skills.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- an ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Firm, with other advisors and with our clients.
- motivated and capable of working independently in a pressured, but friendly, working environment.
- strong organisational, financial and time management skills.
- strong business development skills would be a distinct advantage.
- strong commercial awareness, sharing the firm's commitment to an in-depth understanding of our client's businesses.
- a keen interest in our client's business resulting in a pro-active approach to client relationship management.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.