Are you a qualified accountant with an interest in tax and looking for a new opportunity in industry?
Morgan McKinley are working with a multinational company based in Cork who are looking for a tax analyst to join their Irish tax team on contract basis for 9 months.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in a similar industry position or someone who is looking to take the step from practice to industry.
You will be working on the tax team and reporting into the tax manager.
Your role will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Assistance with year-end and quarterly US GAAP tax provisioning
- Ongoing assistance with the US tax reporting processes for all the Irish legal entities including liaison with finance and Corporate HQ, making sure all deadlines are met and accuracy of reporting is maintained
- Preparation of Irish corporation tax computations and returns and all other relevant claims and elections for all the Irish legal entities.
- Tax accounting for Irish GAAP accounts
- Collecting information from all group companies as required in order to advise on tax payments, all relevant claims and elections and all other submissions, both internal and external
- Provide ad hoc tax advice and support to Irish group companies on various projects and issues
- Assist with internal SOX requirements
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise - much of the work is providing advice and support to Irish group companies, working within their timetables and both internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-tax professionals and to make recommendations
Education and Experience:
- Tax and / or accounting qualified an advantage, together with relevant tax / finance experience
- 1 - 2 years post qualification experience preferred but not essential
If you are interested in this opportunity please upload your cv or contact Emma Russell at email@example.com or 021 2300300.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.