1st / 2nd level Support
Systems Support Technician
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Systems Support Technician to join a hugely respected multinational. Based in their fantastic Dublin CC offices, you will provide first and second level tech support. (15-30 users). Excellent career progression prospects.
You will be someone who can manage your own workload. There is a lot of autonomy in this role. You must be someone who works well by yourself and thinks well on your feet. Strong interpersonal skills required. You will have strong 1st level / 2nd level support skills.
- Provide first and second line support to users (15 - 30 users, on average)
- Work closely with wider team to provide additional first and second line support to users located in global offices. Also, provide first line support to the ServiceNow Helpdesk.
- Provide new user basic training and inductions (Email, Network Drives, Printers, Voice services, Remote access).
- Perform daily local Systems checks including ongoing monitoring of IT services such as WAN, printing and comms room environment.
- Assist and support the users with their main business applications.
- Provide support for all aspects of end user hardware including its physical set up and installation.
- Liaise and manage relationships with suppliers of IT services for the Dublin office.
- Support and maintain the Dublin office security system
- Manage and support the office and mobile voice services for the Dublin office.
- Support and maintain Video Conferencing services.
- Enforce the use of industry best practice (ITIL) and change control within the IT Service Desk.
- Resolve incidents and requests assigned from the ServiceNow Helpdesk system to agreed procedures and SLAs, e.g. incidents relating to desktop systems, business applications, backup devices and other network devices and services.
- Interact with users and service providers, as necessary, to resolve incidents.
- Consult with internal resources when faced with issues/problems or specific business application issues.
- Closely monitor and update the ServiceNow Helpdesk system with incident progression and closure.
- Perform installations, moves, additions and changes to network hardware including PCs, MFDs and other peripherals.
- Ensure organisational compliance procedures are adhered to in all Systems' activities.
- Assist in business continuity and systems recovery planning and testing.
- Assist with internal and external audit reviews and requests for information.
- Support data communications and voice systems in conjunction with ETS, EAUK IT, network providers and vendors.
- Assist with and maintain office security administration.
Typical projects may include upgrading and moving users from Windows 7 - 10 or Office to 365. There are typically numerous IT Security projects ongoing.
- Ideally 5+ years experience. Minimum of 2.5 years experience
- Experience supporting 20-30 users
- Ability to work on own, manage own workload
- Excellent communication skills - ability to comfortably communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Any existing customer service or helpdesk experience advantageous.
Interviews week beginning; 23rd June.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.