Reporting directly to the Planning and Inventory Supervisor, this position is responsible for planning and scheduling of licensed pharmaceutical products, in compliance with cGMPs and US FDA regulations.
The post holder will be responsible for inventory management and product supply from a number of different suppliers with production plants located throughout Europe, Asia, China and North America and across a number of markets i.e. US, Europe, Canada. This will include developing and maintaining positive supplier relations, tracking supplier performance and service level.
- Develop and manage inventory in line with inventory strategies as agreed with commercial team and where appropriate, recommend and implement model changes.
- Determine mode of transport for shipments in line with business strategy, minimise amount transported by air and to track and monitor reason for air.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with suppliers so as to maintain inventory levels at agreed levels and avoid supply disruptions.
- Track suppliers deliveries on weekly basis ensuring that current delivery timelines are maintained in NorthStar systems and impact of changes are evaluated in timely manner and where necessary appropriate actions are taken to minimise any potential supply disruption.
- Educated to degree level in a business / supply chain related discipline. IIPMM/APIC qualification is desirable. A thorough knowledge of MRP and inventory management is a pre-requisite. Experience in the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.