An excellent opportunity to join an exciting company
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer, have a requirement for an experienced Supply Planner to join their high performing and well-established team.
Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager and supported by colleagues, the Supply Planner is responsible for the flow of products to meet market demand. Working with a number of different suppliers throughout Europe, Asia, China and North America, the successful applicant will provide suppliers with monthly delivery forecast, determine order quantities and actively work to avoid supply disruptions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop and manage inventory in line with inventory strategies
- Develop and maintain positive relations with suppliers so as to maintain inventory levels at agreed levels and avoid supply disruptions.
- Maintain and update planning systems
- Work closely with Logistics Manager to ensure efficiencies are realised across the supply chain i.e. full container loads, pick up date lined up with sailing date etc
- Evaluate supplier's ability to supply new and incremental opportunities in timely manner and to be able to display and communicate this to management.
- Track supplier's performance, identifying potential issues and implementation of remedial actions.
- Issuing purchase orders to the suppliers on time and agreeing dates within agreed timelines
- 5 years' experience in a similar type of role within a multinational organization.
- Experience of working in a quality regulated manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Degree level in a business / supply chain related discipline. IIPMM/APIC qualification is desirable.
- A thorough knowledge of MRP and inventory management
- Experience in the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.