One of the leading tech companies in Dublin is looking to hire a Supply Chain & Procurement Manager
Supply Chain & Procurement Manager
Contract until end of FY 30/06/2020 - extension for the next 12 months
- Category Vision and Strategy: Creates, communicates, and maintains a category vision and strategy that is based on appropriate business intelligence, is following Client policies, and has buy-in from stakeholders, Client-wide.
- Strategic Sourcing: Creates, aligns, and maintains a sourcing strategy for one or more complex categories, continuously re-evaluate and improve Client procurement of goods and services.
- Negotiation Strategy: Develops negotiation strategies for one or more complex purchasing categories.
- Supplier Selection: Participate in supplier selection and performance management. Ensure alignment to Client business goals, throughout.
- Contracting: Understands industry contracting norms and Client contracting requirements. Successfully facilitates negotiation of final contracts that achieve business goals.
- Supplier Engagement: Proactively segments suppliers and utilizes engagement programs to improve performance and achieve business goals.
- Continuous Improvement: always be seeking ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes. This will include deployment of tools, proficiency in data analytics, and ability to work with IT groups to provide system requirements.
- Commercial and Contracts management - RFP/Contract execution, key category: long lead mechanical and electrical equipment. Participate in change management reviews, monitor supplier performance and support issue resolution.
- Internal: Engineering, Construction, Cost Management, Finance, Safety, Legal, Risk and other groups as needed
- External: Contractors, consultants, suppliers and industry groups
- Experience in one or more key categories including AE, GC, Equipment, Construction Services, Operations Services.
- Construction Experience: Preference for experience on large-scale projects - sourcing, managing and administering contracts of over €50Million
- Create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success; always be planning for the future.
- High-integrity - must be ethical and strong value-based individual focused on fairness and maintaining confidentiality.
- High-performer - able to fit the Client "culture" by effectively multi-tasking and managing priorities; have a "sense of urgency" to issue resolution.
- Understand the importance of relationships inside the company and with our supply chain partners.
- High energy, a drive to achieve results in midst of ambiguity and matrixed organisation.
- Able to travel up to 25%, within the EMEA region.
- Strong commercial understanding and experience constructing and managing contracts on key categories (AE, GC, and Long Lead Equipment).
- Familiarity with the greater construction industry; datacenter experience a plus.
- Technical ability to write contracts, ability to set up sourcing plans and negotiation strategies and execute them.
- Excellent communicator that can interact with diverse groups across various organizational levels.
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.) and ability to facilitate change management.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
Supplier Engagement: Proactively segments suppliers and utilizes engagement programs to improve performance and achieve business goals.
Commercial and Contracts management - RFP/Contract execution, key category: long lead mechanical and electrical equipment. Participate in change management reviews, monitor supplier performance and support issue resolution.
Construction Experience: Preference for experience on large-scale projects - sourcing, managing and administering contracts of over €50Million
8-17 or 9-18 1 hour lunch break
7-10 years of exp, occasional working from home possibility
the team- 6 people growing to 10 in department, all procurement is 50 people
Bachelor's degree in a technical or financial field (engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or similar). 5 to 10 years' post graduate construction/ supply chain/ procurement experience specifically with large complex capital projects.
Mechanical and/or Electrical acumen.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.