A senior position with immediate impact to the business
Our client, a leading Medical Device company based in Galway, are looking for an highly accomplished Operations Program Manager.
The Operations Program Manager will oversee the end-to-end program management of strategic Operations projects, from ideation through implementation and benefit realization. This includes coordination, organization, direction and implementation of multiple projects.
The scope of the role includes new product launch, Operations capacity expansion and ramp, network optimization, product standardization and implementation of best in class project management systems to enable step-change margin improvement.
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the program delivers results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Responsible for program definition and execution; developing the strategy and vision of the Operational Excellence program over the next 3-5 years, in collaboration with the broader Operations organization.
- Translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, budget management, risk management and resource requirements.
- Acts as global leader for cross-functional project teams; identifies and leads the Project Teams, owns the Project Plans (Gantts), leads and coordinates execution of all activities required for change implementation.
- Creating/maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle ensuring change is controlled and aligned with corporate strategy and business objectives.
- Developing/managing program governance model and communication plan (verbal or written), both internally and externally, for effective project management and coordination for Operational Excellence.
- Leading and motivating the project team; ensuring the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Holding project team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlighting opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicating project delays and escalations.
- A Bachelor's Degree (or higher) which should include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines.
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities.
- This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in medical diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer product, or similar environment.
- One or more professional certifications or equivalent experience (preferably PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile, etc.).
- Exceptional project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities
- Ability to create & manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyse complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to influence without authority, motivate, lead, coach, and develop employees, and collaborate with functional leaders and teams.
- Fosters a culture of Operational Excellence/continuous improvement throughout the organization.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.