An excellent opportunity to join an exciting company in a strategic role
Our client, a global manufacturer based in Tralee, have a requirement for a high achieving Supply Chain Manager. Managing team of managers, the successful applicant will lead all supply chain & purchasing operations.
- Directly responsible for purchases direct and indirect material.
- Ownership of inventory levels, freight and transportation costs.
- Key member of the plant Leadership Team and participates in businesses strategy development.
- Manages employees in purchasing.
- Develop strategies and lead programs to achieve supplier productivity, cost reduction and objectives.
- Upgrade purchasing team skills and capabilities.
- Lead purchasing negotiations to standardize and optimized purchasing terms and conditions.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Be capable of initiating and managing operational improvement
- Analyze inventory and distribution information; manage inventory turns and minimize working capital requirements
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management, procurement, sourcing, or other applicable fields;
- A commercial mindset with the ability to negotiate and build relationships;
- Experience creating sourcing strategies
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment is an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.