An excellent opportunity to join an exciting company in a strategically important leadership role
Our client, a leading manufacturer of high precision components, are looking for an experienced and energetic Supply Chain Manager to join their existing high performing leadership team.
Working closely with the Financial controller, the Supply Chain Manager is a key hire for the companies expansion plans. As the company moves into new markets with a pipeline of exciting products at R&D stage, they will need the successful applicant to develop a sustainable and scale able Supply Chain Network.
- Identify shortages in supply capacity for different technologies, materials, and geographies;
- Create a network expansion strategy and tools to select suppliers based on capabilities and performance;
- On-board new suppliers and ensure they utilise our automated platform to provide the best customer experience;
- Lead coordination for cost down measures for existing production
- Negotiate pricing and establish clear terms with vendors
- Provide forecasts to vendors to ensure constant supply to contract manufacture
- Create smart tools to improve efficiency in order sourcing and fulfilment
- General account management of suppliers, improve on-time delivery and quality performance.
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management, procurement, sourcing, or other applicable fields
- A commercial mindset with the ability to negotiate and build relationships
- Experience creating sourcing strategies for different commodities and regions
- Comfortable dealing with issues escalated from both the supplier and customer side.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment is an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.