Are you looking for a senior opportunity with one of the worlds leading Biopharma companies in Cork?
The Supply Chain Director is a member of the Site Leadership team with accountability for the site Supply Chain function. Key aspects of this role include, material purchasing, warehouse and dispensary operations, Drug Substance shipping, bill of material and recipe management, high level and detailed capacity definition, and plant master scheduling.
Key interfaces include:
* Global Procurement category managers to align material requirements with sourcing strategies that optimize spend and availability;
* Global Supply Planning to ensure the capacity made available to the production plan accurately reflects actual plant capabilities across all work centers, including facilities-engineering, quality control, quality assurance, lot disposition in addition to manufacturing;
* Global logistics in support of timely deliveries, and site transfers of raw materials, intermediates and inventory
* Network strategy teams working to align future plant capabilities with emerging business needs;
* Maintain and develop a culture focused on safety and quality in the Material Operations team
* Accountability for Master Scheduling: Define and update, in a regular and routine fashion, with work center owners and identified process experts, the parameters needed for detailed capacity planning-including lead times, yields, success rates, run rates and shop calendars. Manage escalation and decision-making around planning time fence crashes.
* Participate as an active member of the Site Leadership Team providing leadership and support to the Material Operations team and the site.
* Ensure that material delivery and release dates align with the production plan with support from Global Procurement, as required.
* Key site interface with purchased material suppliers, building relationships, measuring and improving supplier performance and material cost.
* Ensure trade compliance in relation to material shipping to and from the site with support from Global Logistics.
* Participate in (internal or external plant governance), leading or facilitating as needed, to deliver the Site Strategic Business Plan.
* Work with master data owners to ensure that data used for production planning and scheduling are up to date.
* Lead transformation change initiatives as requested and required by Site Leadership in support of the Site Strategic Business Plan.
* Create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace that is aligned with the BioMarin culture.
* Build focus and engagement by fostering opportunities for ownership, impact and continual professional development.
* Degree in Business, Science / Engineering, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering required
* APICS certification and/or supply chain education preferred
* Other continuing education initiatives highly desirable (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
* At least 10 years GMP/GCP compliant Biopharma operations experience required
* Experience with Master Scheduling, Inventory Analysis and Management, ERP (Oracle) systems, and new product launches required
* Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups to achieve business objectives required
* Experience successfully leading transformational change
* Superior communication skills - Oral, written and formal presentation skills with senior management, middle management and line staff
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.