Supplier Quality Opportunity within the Med-device space
I am working with a well known medical device company based in Galway who are looking for an individual who who has 2 + years quality experience within a highly regulated environment (medical device or pharma) who are looking to make the move into supplier quality.
Role outlined below:
- Provides engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviews and approves all material and component specification drawings.
- Provides engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributes to and participates in Material Review Boards.
- Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluates and establishes Supplied Data Agreements (Ship to stock Programmes) with suppliers.
- Works with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- Assists in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive quality improvements.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel will be expected in the role
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- At minimum 2 years experience in an Engineering / Quality role in a Health Care environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
If this role sound of interest to you click the 'apply now' button below and I will be in touch. Alternatively you can give me a call on 021 2300 300
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.