Strategic Projects Finance Manager - Cork - Manufacturing Focused
Strategic Projects Finance Manager - Cork
A highly regarded manufacturing brand have an exciting requirement for an operations finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) in Cork.
This business have been developing best in class products globally and Cork is a focal point for product R&D, supply chain excellence and commercial delivery.
The successful individual will be the finance business partner for strategic business objectives, capital development projects, Cash Flow forecasting etc.
The biggest attraction of this role is the unlimited senior stakeholder exposure and the ability to present findings at Board level and draw on business leaders who are best in class in their field
Key responsibilities and objectives:
- Interpret the strategic business objectives and investment requirements of the business and act as finance point of contact in developing investment strategies and business cases to ensure the strategic goals and objectives are met
- Management and preparation of monthly reporting of results across multiple projects, including budgets, forecasts, and adherence to investment plans and review performance to enable robust reporting of variances to the key stakeholders
- Work closely with the Production, Engineering, Purchasing and Planning Departments to identify any areas for improvement and report savings on an actual basis.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically manage projects to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
- Provide ongoing analytic leadership to drive data driven and value added decision making.
- Drive improvements and lean culture. Challenge established norms and processes to deliver tangible benefits in scope of control, predictability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop appropriate financial KPIs for strategic projects (including Capital controls, Project forecasting and Cashflow forecasting etc.)
- Take ownership to ensure accounting and reporting procedures and practices are fully compliant with SOX and internal control guidelines.
Key candidate requirements:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant
- Circa 5 years' of relevant experience in a manufacturing finance environment
- Strong Analytical Skills -Ability to work with large volumes of complex data
- Strong systems experience
- Strong business partnering skills and track record in driving value in the organisation
- Excellent project management skills
Contact Michael Morrissey in Morgan McKinley to discuss in complete confidence or call (021) 2 300 300.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.