Our North Dublin client, an Irish born brand now operating across Europe, North America, and APAC, have had a marked degree of commercial success at a global level. Their exceptional growth has been driven, not just by the quality of their technical teams, but by their willingness to embrace new technological methodologies and practices.
As our client begins the next phase of their evolution, their need for remaining at the technological cutting edge becomes greater still, and to do this they now require a Senior Strategic Technology Consultant to help coordinate the various technical teams, and communicate their needs back to the business as a whole.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a person who is able to both grasp the intricacies of a business's technology processes, and convey these in approachable, non-technical language to key senior decision makers.
What you'll do…
- Analyse and understand the existing technical solutions and processes across the client's IT function, understanding the current state of teams within Development, QA, and DevOps.
- Map out the desired goals of these teams going forward, advising on what IT solutions or practices can support these goals.
- Communicate the need for change back to business stakeholders at a director and board level, driving commercial support for various IT strategies.
- At a technical level, establish a culture of communication between the various teams (Development, QA, Devops), ensuring each pursue mutually beneficial technological solutions.
What You'll Need…
- The ideal candidate will have transitioned from working in a hands on technical capacity to a project management/business analysis position, and as such will have an appreciation for various technology solutions and practices at both a tactical and strategic level.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management is key, as you'll be responsible for justifying the IT team's strategy to the most senior decision makers within the business.
- Experience of successfully driving process change across different business units.
- Strong familiarity with Agile practices and Cloud technologies is a distinct advantage, as is a background working within a .Net environment.
Keen to hear more regarding this role? Apply below, and let's have a chat.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.