Indirect Sourcing Manager
Working with a new team based in Dublin this role requires an indirect sourcing manager to work on strategic sourcing initiatives and developing strategies to optimise spend.
The successful candidate will guide cross-functional teams throughout strategic sourcing projects to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyse supply markets, executing competitive RFI's/RFPs and leading supplier negotiations.
This global company will offer progression opportunities to driven employees. This role would ideally suit an individual who is looking to step into a strategic sourcing role but has experience in contract negotiation, spend analysis and identify opportunities to consolidating spend.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with business groups to recognise areas that may require improved procurement methods; make recommendations to business owners for efficiency gain.
- Launch cost savings initiatives for commodities (examples of commodities: professional fees, marketing related spend, etc). Involved in procurement strategy planning with the Business Partners. Support worldwide strategic initiatives.
- Monitor supplier performance and SRM activities for key suppliers across multiple business units.
- Review and analyse data to determine cost savings opportunities through vendor consolidation and/or contract renegotiations. Measure performance by the use of metrics for reporting.
- Maintain proficiency in all relevant policies and procedures; able to articulate and enforce such policies and procedures.
- Retain expertise in the overall contract management process; proficient in the use of standard templates, terms and conditions.
- Perform sourcing and evaluation of new vendors. Assist in developing and maintaining approved, efficient and effective vendor lists.
- Execute savings tracking activities and report realized savings on a continuous base; ensure realized savings tie back to departmental budget
- Put in place contracts for strategic purchases and large spot buys when no contract exists
- Setup and run eSourcing and eAuction events and tools
- Support internal customer satisfaction through effective feedback initiatives
- Expand role and influence of Strategic Sourcing across the organization
- Oversee the RFx bidding process for the acquisition of products and services from suppliers based on business requirements and specification; drive the RFx process through to completion.
- Identify participating vendors through independent research, as well as recommendations from the business.
- Consolidate and finalize the RFx and serve as a single point of contact for all RFx questions.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.