Software Support Engineer
My Client based in Castletroy, Limerick is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join their global Customer Operations Team. This opportunity comes with career advancement as well and great travel opportunity.
The successful candidate will able to join the team and hit the ground running, have strong troubleshooting skills and have a good grasp of the companies products from the start. They will also have software support or development experience. The role offers technical challenges and learning opportunities which will suit a self-driven individual to assist and support our valued customers.
* Provide technical support for a variety of the companies software/ hardware-based solutions
* Deliver a high quality of customer service
* Maintain close and effective interaction with internal teams
* Provide on-site support and professional services to strategic customers
* Participate in customer solution design and project planning
* Install and commission customer solutions
* Conduct solution acceptance testing and handover
* Design and deliver customer training
* Create and maintain customer support documentation
* Provide internal and customer reports/metrics
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You should possess a high level of spoken and written English; have a relevant degree with 5+year's industry experience; and a proven background in the following:
* Ability to troubleshoot and prioritise effectively in a multi-tasking environment
* Database installation and administration (MySQLTM, Oracle)
* Exposure to virtualised and Cloud-based architectures
* Installation and operation of virtualised platforms (VMware) and cloud deployments
* Linux installation and administration
* IP LAN/WAN design and administration
* Web Service configuration/administration (Apache Tomcat®)
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.