Morgan McKinley are delighted to be working exclusively with an exciting new Aviation multinational in Shannon, in sourcing a Senior Vat Advisor.
Following key successes internationally this year, this role will be a key member to the finance leadership team. Excellent flexibility on offer for the right candidate. This role can be part time / full time / remotely worked.
The main focus of this role will be to provide bespoke VAT advice for the group to a range of international clients. The role will have a particular focus on VAT advice for aviation ownership and structures.
- Preparing advice for the ownership and operation of aircraft
- Advising clients on VAT issues around the acquisition and disposal of a wide range of high value assets
- Liaising with the VAT Director to ensure high standards of VAT advice are provided across the Group
- Having an instrumental role in the delivery of the divisional strategic plan
- Ensuring that sales targets are met
- Developing relationships with both clients and colleagues based in our various offices to identify and capitalise upon opportunities to grow the VAT advisory services of the Group
- Providing advisory services in relation to VAT investigations, M&A and cross border transactions
- Dealing with various local customs authorities regarding VAT administration and compliance
- Conducting internal VAT reviews and audits on existing clients
- Providing VAT advice and guidance to colleagues across the Group
- Making recommendations for development of VAT structures
- To prepare, review, amend and issue terms of engagement and tax advice
- Comprehensive experience in a similar VAT advisory role
- Experience of preparing VAT advice
- CTA qualification (Irish or UK qualification)
- Business development skills
- ACCA/ACA or similar qualification
- Ability to manage own time and work
- Evidence of excellent organisation skills
- Customer service orientated
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.