Exciting opportunity for a production team lead in the food industry looking to make the next step in their career in North Cork!
Senior Team Lead based in North Cork
The successful candidate will have responsibility for leading the Packing Area to meet and exceed site KPIs. The Senior Team Lead will develop his/her team so that the plant can meet the strategic imperatives going forward.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Accountability for Safety, Quality, Service, Competitiveness and People and meeting associated KPIs including
- Health & Safety
- Production lines OEE targets.
- Production plan creation & attainment.
- Training versatility matrix
- Ensure full compliance with technical and food hygiene standards to ensure product meets all appropriate quality and safety standards
- Monitor physical and Hidden Waste and drive efficiencies
- Monitor Overtime and meet overtime targets.
- Commission and integrate any new equipment and develop subsequent processes.
- Work closely with Training Specialist to ensure training matrix is in place and being actioned.
- Investigate complaints ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Promotes and uses Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Act as shift cover for Operations Manager as and when required.
- Act as cover for Team Leader as and when required.
- Willingness to travel as required
KEY REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent people leadership skills and associated track record, with a clear commitment to coaching and developing teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
- Problem solver, disciplined in collecting information, ascertaining root cause of issues and Identifying and developing practical solutions.
- 4 years+ experience in a team lead/supervisor role is essential with food experience being highly beneficial.
- Strong Production experience.
- Third level qualification in, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Business, SCM or equivalent or willingness to work towards a relevant qualification
- Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.