A senior position with immediate impact to the business
Our client, a leading medical device manufacturer are looking for a Senior Lean Specialist to be based in their Galway office. Reporting directly to Operational Excellence Manager, Global Operations, the qualified candidate will be part of our highly dynamic team managing exciting projects with the goal of safely and successfully delivering them on time, within budget and scope.
The Senior Lean Specialist is the facilitator and project manager responsible for the successful planning, scheduling and completion of multiple operations improvement projects.
Facilitates and directs the work activities of teams, initially via consultants, and later becoming the Subject Matter Expert by expanding knowledge, taking on increased scope and responsibilities to further deploy Lean / Operational Excellence Projects across multiple sites.
Once the Lean/OpEx mindset has been embedded, the Lean Specialist will move onto other sites and regions to continue to drive Lean/OpEx process improvements and deliverables.
- Management of large, complex projects and teams, using lean / six sigma tools and methodologies, delivering success in a short timeframe with high expectations.
- Steward the progress and deliverables globally, acts as a liaison between sites, management and develops communication and continuous improvement training plans
- Coaches leaders at all levels to drive lean and OpEx thinking into all aspects of operations
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Communicates project status updates, address priority challenges and coordinate risk mitigation
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measures project performance
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Participates in performance improvement teams and provides facilitation and technical support to assist including collection and analysis of data and documentation of results
- Conducts training where appropriate for lean, six sigma and OpEx
- Education in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related fields
- Consulting and/or project management experience with formal 3+ day lean or six sigma training and12+ successful projects with documented successes
- Six Sigma certification, blackbelt preferred
- Experience with 14 Step Lean methodology preferred
- Formal Project Management training and certification a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Managing a diverse range of Projects in a complex work environment
- Experience leading successful project teams, including the development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Experience in project cost estimation, bidding, vendor relations, and site coordination
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.