Day Rate Contract Opportunity for a Senior PM with experience managing global SAP rollouts.
Senior Project Manager - SAP
6 month contract, strong potential for extension
Global Technology Leader is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the Global Roll-Out of SAP Concur expense management software. The ideal candidate will have global project experience managing teams, including project coordinators, in multiple regions.
As a Senior IT Project Manager you will be responsible for project governance, planning, reporting, risk and issue management, budgeting and communication across teams and stakeholders. Liaising with multiple parties from end user, internal and external teams to C Level executives the ideal candidate will take a confident, hands on approach to managing multiple sub projects. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with experience in delivering projects with significant business change.
- Strong knowledge of project management standards, methods, tools, and applications, and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Adept at communicating effectively, both formally through operational reviews / financial reviews and informally through storytelling and networking. Capable of working efficiently and effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Performs an extensive range and variety of complex activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental project management principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between assigned projects and wider enterprise requirements.
- Influences organization, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of project outcomes. Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- This position requires exceptional collaboration, teamwork, negotiation, influence, and relationship-building skills at all levels with internal and external.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is an advantage.
- 10+ years of IT work experience. With a minimum of 5 yrs experience managing projects.
- Enterprise application deployment experience in a complex multinational environment.
- Proven ability to work with third party vendors to deliver global projects
- Past project management experience of SAP projects will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Agile would be an advantage.
- Project Management (PMI), Program Management, or Professional (PMP, PRINCE2) or Agile methodologies certification strongly preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.