Senior Risk Manager
My client is a global financial services operation with a significant presence in Dublin. The risk team is small and focused, a professional offering concentrated on the 2nd line. The role of the Senior Risk Manager will be to support to Head of Risk in Dublin.
- Supporting the application of the Risk framework for the regulated activities undertaken
- Assist in the roll out and maintenance of the Risk Framework for local entities, ensuring compliance with local regulations as well as the global framework, and manage oversight and the application of specific risk policies.
- Working with risk individuals in other International offices/locations to ensure a joined up view of risk is assessed, reported, managed and mitigated in a pro-active and timely manner.
- Supporting the second line risk function both locally and as part of the Group risk & the UK risk function - including Fund Risk Investment & Market risk oversight, Operational risk and other financial and non-financial risks as required.
- Supporting the regulated Funds (UCITS/AIFMD regulated) with application of governance for the regulated Funds business, and Central Bank of Ireland Designated Persons Fund Management Governance regime.
- Supporting the regulated insurance business entity e.g. ORSA, SFCR, RSR, Solvency II and Central Bank of Ireland requirements.
- Management of risk assessments, including supporting capital assessment work where required and review of risk control self-assessments undertaken by the business.
- Preparation of risk reports and/or presenting as required at local Boards, Risk Committees, Risk forums and Client International management meetings.
- Support new business and fund launches, product development, operational and regulatory change projects.
- Support the provision of risk training & risk culture embedding to local staff, Boards/Committees and Directors where relevant.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal functions and management at all levels.
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability and willingness to both independently challenge and assist the business.
- Influencing skills at all levels of the organisation including senior management, operational staff, and in other Client locations.
- Willingness to offer a differing opinion, challenge both management and existing processes, procedures and activities.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member, independently and in a cross functional international business.
- Operational and/or financial risk experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.