Senior R&D Engineer - Galway
Reporting to the R&D Manager and working within a well-established and ever expanding R&D team, as an R&D / Product Development Engineer you gain comprehensive experience of leading the delivery of projects to develop new or improved products and components whilst also expanding existing product lines.
The ideal candidate will be looking for a permeant position and the opportunity to work within a company who promotes a positive work/life balance and career progression due to their supportive environment. The successful R&D Engineer will need 7 years Design Control/New Product Development experience within the Medical Device Industry.
About The Position:
- Be a key contributor in developing new products by obtaining resourceful information from key stakeholders whilst constantly adhering to the design control process
- Accountable for process and product development. This includes but not limited to design and development planning, end-user needs determination, design verification/validation and design transfer to manufacturing
- Involved within the validation and verification activities for new and redesigned products and components
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders (Suppliers, Quality and Regulatory Affairs etc.) regarding the design of new or redesign of pre-existing products to meet requirements
- Utilise CAD systems to deliver improvements on processes and products
- Undergo product testing and prototype creating to assess new designs and changes made to existing designs
- Lead the transfer of parts, documentation, assemblies and processes from model creation stage, through testing and finally to production
- Obtain quotations, purchase components and qualify new components and/or new products from suppliers
- Lead and participate in design and technical reviews
About The Person:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Science or similar technical field.
- A minimum of 10 years Design Control/New Product Development experience within Medical Devices and Catheter Technology.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SolidWorks
- Familiar with statistical analysis (Minitab) and computerised analysis (FEA) applications
- Self-motivated, high energy, positive attitude with initiative and drive for timely completion of goals
- Flexibility regarding travelling domestically and internationally
For more information on this position please send an updated CV or contact John Murphy, Engineering Recruitment Consultant at Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.