Senior R&D Engineer (Med Device) - Galway
Reporting to the R&D Manager and working within a well-established and ever-expanding R&D team, as the Principal R&D Engineer you gain comprehensive experience of leading the delivery of projects to develop new or improved products and components whilst also expanding existing product lines.
The ideal candidate will be looking for a permanent position and the opportunity to work within a company who promotes a positive work/life balance and career progression due to their supportive environment. The successful R&D Engineer will need 5 years Design Control/New Product Development experience within the Medical Device Industry.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development.
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype.
- Provide technical innovation leadership across the department.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs.
- Work with cross functional teams to build relationships, both locally and globally.
- Resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities.
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers throughout the site.
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community.
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line.
- Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development.
- May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
- Minimum of a Level 8 Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the medical device industry.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.