A Senior Project Manager is needed to deliver large scale IT transformation projects, including Infrastructure, and legacy system updates
Job Description Technical Project Manager
Working on vartious IT infrastructure rollouts, application development and data migrations. Prince2 or PMP qualification is a must. Candidates must be able to discuss in detail end to end delivery of IT related projects.
- Candidate needs to be an independent self-starter who hits the ground running from the outset, someone who is proactive and negotiates authority to move the programme/projects activities forward.
- Candidate needs to be tech savvy and comfortable working closely with the technical leads to help align and co-ordinate programme activities.
- Leads the development and implementation of a set of project plans to meet the goals and priorities of the Delivery programme across the Transport Operator groups.
- Participates in defining and implementing the strategic and tactical roadmap for the Delivery programme.
- Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Comfortable analysing
- decisions and actions to ensure they support the programmes strategic direction. Work
- with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, budgets and resource requirements;
- resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas;
- develop methods to monitor project or area progress.
- Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
- Ensures open communication across the different technologies groups and business functions.
- Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Pro-actively engages stakeholders in design, priority setting and implementation.
- Presentation of oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
Skills Knowledge Required
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology. Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
- Pro-active, self-starter, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
- Someone with a 'can-do' attitude who will roll the sleeve up to ensure successful delivery of programme commitments.
- Strong relationship builder, who has the ability to foster and manage productive relationships with lower and senior executive level sponsors.
- Ability to create a sense of belonging and accountability among team members; ability to identify and assist in assembling a team with the right mix of skills; someone who places emphasise in motivating team members; delegates responsibility when required; promotes mutual support and interaction.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.