Senior Product Design Engineer - Cork
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for leading a variety of complex teams through projects from the development process to market launch.
- Manage the workflow of engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Interface with clinical advisors to gather input for design and evaluation of new products. This would include organising and managing cadaver labs and consultant panel meetings.
- Model instrument designs utilising CREO as a design software.
- Manage the design control creation through the New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Work with program managers and oversee technical teams to ensure project plans adhere to timelines and are within the scope of the NPD process guidelines.
- Participate on cross-functional design teams to develop new products, address design issues, and maintain existing designs.
- Mentor other engineers in project management best practices and industry trends
Required Qualifications and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Science, or a related field of study.
- A minimum of 4 years of product development experience ideally in the medical device industry or equivalent is also required.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to product development initiatives from concept through to market release.
- Ability to apply design controls within a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated experience with a parametric design package, preferably CREO.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.