Senior Product Design Engineer - Galway
Reporting to the head of design, the successful candidate will work as part of a design team, supporting various projects on behalf of clients across the food and medical device industries.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead projects, both internally and on behalf of clients.
- As part of the design team, you will be expected to work closely with, and manage both internal and external specialists to progress projects through to completion.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects.
- Manage prototyping activity within the project.
- Resolve design, testing and manufacturing issues as they arise - using appropriate mathematic theory and FEA/simulation analysis.
- Continuously monitor project performance against scope, timing, budget, risk and report variance to contract.
- Prepare reports/documentation to communicate status and results internally and to customers.
- Ensure that documentation such as product development, manufacturing process and test specifications /procedures are completed in compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Complete process development activities such as tolerance development to ensure robust function and process capability.
- Liaise with cross functional teams (quality, manufacturing, design, sales).
- Participate in PR and Sales support activity as required.
- Participate in the development of Design Verification Test protocols and reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
- 7 - 10 years' engineering experience in medical device or other highly regulated environment.
- 5 Years of people management is required.
- An understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and DFM functions is required.
- Highly experienced in project management.
- High energy with the adaptability and flexibility to deal with continuous change and innovation.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and MS Office Suite is Essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.