Senior Packaging Engineer (Med Device) - Galway
Salary: Up to €75,000 + Benefits
Due to the continued growth and success of our client in Galway, I'm looking to speak to experienced Packaging Design Engineers looking to move into a new and diverse position. The Senior Packaging Engineer will be responsible for managing various packaging projects, including the designing, developing, and validating a wide variety of package designs to support the development of orthopedic implants and associated devices that are of a complex nature. He or she will also be responsible for developing and coordinating the requirements and specifications for new packaging equipment and processes. Experience with new technologies that will drive packaging innovation resulting in competitive advantages across global platforms is desired.
- Liaise with clients, acting as the first point of contact regarding individual projects.
- Lead multiple projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly and testing keeping them on schedule and within budget.
- Offer guidance to members of the design team throughout the entire process.
- Delivery of RFT designs, develop 2D and 3D drawings.
- Liaise with the procurement regarding the procurement of material and components.
- Work alongside cross functional teams with engineering change orders for customers nationwide i.e. documentation control, advise all relevant parties, create and upload new drawings, replace drawings.
- For larger projects, prepare a production schedule
- Prepare layouts and quote requests, forward quote to customer service.
- Customer Point of Contact on design and testing when customers are visiting Design Centre.
- Ensure customers understand transit testing process from start to finish. Such tasks involve drop tests, vibration tests, compression and atmospheric conditioning using various ISTA and ASTM standards
- Follow up with the customer to ensure they are satisfied with the outcome
- A thorough understanding of ISO13485, ISO11607, 21 CFR 820 and Process Validation is a must.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry conducting feasibility studies to estimate product cost as well as analyse capital equipment, capacity and capability requirements
- Executing equipment qualification and process validation projects
- Developing and executing project plans and scheduling
- Programming and troubleshooting processes and standards
- Working with rapid prototyping technologies.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.