Senior Packaging Design Engineer - Cork
Due to the continued growth and success of our client on the outskirts of Cork City, I'm looking to speak to Experienced Packaging Design Engineers looking to move into a new and diverse position. This role would suit an individual who is looking to continue gaining experience a multitude of different areas across Packaging Design, testing and manufacturing.
- Liaise with clients, acting as the first point of contact regarding individual projects.
- Lead multiple projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly and testing keeping them on schedule and within budget.
- Offer guidance to members of the design team throughout the entire process.
- Delivery of RFT designs, utilising Solidworks to develop 2D and 3D drawings.
- Liaise with the procurement regarding the procurement of material and components.
- Work alongside cross functional teams with engineering change orders for customers nationwide i.e. documentation control, advise all relevant parties, create and upload new drawings, replace drawings.
- For larger projects, prepare a production schedule
- Prepare layouts and quote requests, forward quote to customer service.
- Customer Point of Contact on design and testing when Customers are visiting Design Centre.
- Ensure customers understand transit testing process from start to finish. Such tasks involve drop tests, vibration tests, compression and atmospheric conditioning using various ISTA and ASTM standards
- Follow up with the customer to ensure they are satisfied with the outcome
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline.
- A Minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience in a similar role is essential.
- People management experience is a distinct advantage.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Customer Focused.
- Experience in packaging design is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of packaging testing (vibration, compression, temperature control etc.)
- Strategic Thinker for a dynamic creative environment.
- Familiarity with CAM machines is an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.