Senior Merchandise Planner
Do you want to join a company where you can make an impact? Do you want the opportunity to collaborate on projects with colleagues?
Senior merchanise planner sits as part of a team of five reporting directly to the Head of Global Planning & Forecasting.
In this role you will work to deliver optimum stock levels to meet forecasted demand and minimise excess stock holdings and aged stock.
You will support the Category team in planning and forecasting demand at brand and vendor level and constantly strive to achieve and lead best practice in demand planning and forecasting.
What you will do
- Responsible for merchandise planning and stock forecasting (Annual/bi Annual/Quarterly) for category to ensure optimal stock levels to meet financial and budgetary requirements.
- Builds annual stock plans to support category budgets in partnership with the Buying team
- Manages vendor stock forecasts, as required, to support category budgets
- Manages and reviews forecast model to ensure:
- -Delisting product process.
- -New Product introductions.
- -Range Management.
- -Accuracy of order data.
- Supports IT/BI development needs to supply planning function.
- Works closely with buying team to manage new product introduction and deletions.
- Manages the sell through plan at product and vendor level with buyer and recommends actions
- Manages and reports on stock levels versus brand targets set with buying team.
What you need
- 3yrs Merchandising, Demand Planning, Forecasting & Order management experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
- Experience working with a high volume of SKU's in a fast-paced environment
- Capable communication and presentation skills, to be able to articulate recommendations and present information to all levels across the business
- Advanced IT skills - particularly Excel
- Strong knowledge of IT system and programs to support planning and forecasting function.
- Build strong relationships with other stakeholders in the business
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.