Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - North Dublin
Our clients, who are a world-renowned medical device company based in Dublin are expanding their engineering team and are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join this team. Reporting to a Principal Engineer and working as a member of the site level Engineering Team, this role is based within a high paced engineering team working on the next generation of medical diagnostics equipment. The position requires a proven ability to design and validate technical solutions to enhance product and process capability in a manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant with act as a key technical lead and decision maker in supporting both internal and external activities in the manufacturing / support of medical diagnostic instrumentation.
- Provide complete design solutions to improve product performance and reliability including all verification and validation activities including DFM considerations.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing and test of medical instrumentation product platforms in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- A deep technical competency in the area of mechanical / electromechanical / automation design is required with a proven ability to design parts, assemblies, jigs, fixtures & test equipment. Familiarity in optics, biochemistry and/or statistics an advantage.
- Troubleshooting capability required to analyse problems to root cause with a structured approach and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design verification and validation activities.
- Work across a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, molding, electro-mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining, metal fabrication etc.
- Develop and manage systems of metrics for manufacturing and projects. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metric's in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma.
- Work as part of several project teams, including Manufacturing Engineering, CPE, Q.A. R&D, Service and Continuous Improvement.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including SOPs, workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Support new product introduction and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
- Travel will be required occasionally as part of this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to structure, plan, prioritise and deliver their own work and that of the team they lead.
- Experience in technically directing cross functional teams for product and process design including all necessary validation activities.
- A proven ability in structured problem solving, design for robustness & cost reduction.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with minimum 5 years mechanical design engineering experience.
- High paced strong mechanical engineering background with a proven record in the design / redesign of equipment.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
- Must be experienced in 3D CAD packages (Solidworks, NX etc.)
- Excellent communications skills- written and verbal skills are required.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- Some experience in manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.
- Plastics Molding Experience is a distinct advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.