Market Risk Manager (Senior Manager)
My client requires a commercially astute, risk-minded senior professional to maintain and develop a cohesive and appropriate market risk framework. Reporting to the overall Head of Financial Risk, the person will influence the senior management stakeholders on all market risk issues, providing regular updates on exposures, emerging trends, prevention and mitigation.
An effective blend of technical risk management ability, judgement and commercial awareness is essential, along with exceptional relationship management skills and a pragmatic collaborative leadership style.
- Monitor emerging risks, macro trends and market / regulatory developments across asset classes and relate this to the potential exposures in the various portfolios, recommending appropriate action as necessary.
- Manage the day to day activity of the market risk team members, fosture a culture of self-leadership, collaboration and learning
- Maintain and develop the market risk management framework (including policy limits, KRIs), oversee compliance with it and ensure that it is in line with strategic business objectives and risk appetite
- Manage the work plan and agenda for the Market and Liquidity Risk Committee
- Manage and develop risk systems
- Maintain and develop stress testing framework and scenarios
You should have at least;
- 10 years relevant experience in market risk management in the financial services industry
- Strong relevant postgraduate degree and or professional qualification (e.g. Risk Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial, Finance)
- A high level of numeracy and IT skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.