Indirect Tax Senior Manager role with a U.S headquartered technology company
Morgan McKinley are representing a U.S headquartered technology company, who are expanding their finance department and hiring an Indirect Tax Senior Manager for their Dublin office.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Tax, you'll be primarily responsible for providing organizational advisory support across all EMEA indirect taxes, M&A due diligence and planning and identifying and implementing tax strategies. You'll work closely with other tax, trade and operational team members (stakeholders) internationally, and monitor the technical performance of the company's indirect tax compliance team, sitting in Central Europe.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to hold a financial leadership position within a rapidly expanding, market leading organization. This position offers an attractive compensation package and a clear path to Directorship
To be eligible, you should be AITI/ACA qualified with a minimum of 6 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment, focussed on Indirect Taxes. You will need strong technical expertise, have planning and controversy experience in several EMEA countries, and be familiar with reviewing contractual provisions related to the allocation of indirect tax responsibility and liability.
- providing organizational advisory support on all EMEA indirect taxes; including:
- M&A due diligence and planning,
- identifying and implementing tax strategies with a focus on EMEA Indirect Tax;
- contractual review for procurement and business development,
- managing all indirect tax related controversy in the region,
- Further enhancing process and control environment to manage interaction with government agencies on all EMEA Indirect Tax related issues; including audits, negotiating tax incentives, planning future investments;
- providing organizational compliance support for all EMEA indirect taxes; including:
- establishing, updating, and periodically reviewing that the governance, policies and procedures and control environment our general business service team in Central Europe use to onboard and manage our indirect tax compliance obligations in a timely, accurate, and complete manner,
- establishing training and evaluation standards to ensure staff have the proper skill set and training to address our group's compliance need,
- evaluating the technical performance of our indirect tax compliance team in the general business services center in Central Europe.
- functional management of VAT COE leader
- AITI/ACA qualified with a minimum of 6 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment, focussed on Indirect Taxes. Management experience is essential.
- Strong technical expertise, have planning and controversy experience in several EMEA countries, and should be familiar with reviewing contractual provisions related to the allocation of indirect tax responsibility and liability.
- Knowledge of international tax with indirect tax elements of US GAAP a benefit;
- Proficiency in English. Other European and Asian language skills are beneficial
- Strong ability to develop initial positions / views to complex problems on their own;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to interact well with people of various backgrounds and levels;
- Ability to work independently at times as well as closely and successfully with professionals of different backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines and manage a number of projects at any one time;
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally;
- An ability to work as part of a dynamic leadership team to collaboratively solve complex problems innovatively;
- A positive, energetic, fun and happy attitude with a strong creativity streak; and
- A very strong personal ownership of projects and their outcomes.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.