A senior level role for an experienced Global Logistics Manager
The Global Logistics function within Global Supply Chain is responsible for Shipping & Distribution of temperature-controlled products through the manufacturing process to final mile delivery.
The successful candidate will ensure that my client has a world class Global Logistics service & capability for the shipment & delivery of time and temperature sensitive finished products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead & manage the distribution team following GDP regulations on a global scale
- Develop and manage the KPI measures with global logistics partners through Strategic Logistics Partner processes
- Drive the execution of the strategic roadmap for Global Logistics
- Lead RFQ's, review and selection process for Logistics partners, setting the appropriate operating procedures and KPIs
- Proactively identify changes in internal and external business conditions which will impact upon the external contract supplier model
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure that the Global Logistics function is enabling the business while operating to the highest standards of compliance and integrity
- Ensure uninterrupted product supply to customers from external distribution centres and delivery partners
- Work to eliminate inefficiencies and associated costs related to the operation and management of Alexion's distribution network
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience leading a global team with an expert working knowledge of Logistics & Distribution
- Excellent knowledge of GDP & regulatory issues as they relate to pharmaceutical supply chain
- Substantial prior experience and technical expertise in Global Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Ability to execute on multiple strategic programs
- Experience in leading third-party performance including the effective leadership of expectations and communications across a broad stakeholder base
- 8+ years of experience in a similar or related role
- BA/BS Degree & additional post graduate qualification.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.