Senior Infrastructure Cost Analyst
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Expert with an international client of Morgan McKinley's based in Cork.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Expert who has gained hands-on experience with overall IT Infrastructure and is looking to take a step back on hands-on engineering and a new opportunity within the Analysis/Advisory side of IT.
This position will involve advising and recommendation cost reduction measures and cost saving solutions to the client.
- Monitoring external cloud infrastructure costs Azure and ensuring adherence to client standards.
- Recommending cloud cost reduction measures, which ensure optimal configuration from budgetary perspectives.
- Performing external cloud infrastructure billing and optimization activities. Maintain responsibility for monitoring Cloud infrastructure costs to ensure adherence to client standards.
- Gathering functional requirements and translating that information into financial models, dashboards and management reports.
- Propose solutions that would reduce the cost
- Collaborate with IT Executives and Finance on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
- Maintain responsibility for performing infrastructure billing and optimization activities, maintaining cost information on a daily basis using Microsoft Azure third party, or custom tools, and preparing forward looking cost estimations to support client and project needs.
- Expert level understanding on Microsoft Azure
- 6+ years experience and knowledge of Clients architecture, including operating systems, software/hardware, servers, networking (routers, switches, protocols, firewalls)
- Data Analytic and reporting skills would be a major advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.