NBI are recruiting for a Senior FP&A Accountant to join their Finance Team
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder, and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media, and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations, and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school, and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities
The Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant role is to support the planning, forecasting and reporting activities of National Broadband Ireland. Working closely with the business, you will ensure decision makers have accurate and timely information which leads to optimum business outcomes.
Management & Regulatory Financial Reporting
- Produce a concise and insightful monthly management accounts reporting pack to the agreed timelines.
- Collaborate with finance team colleagues to query and gain an understanding of accounting treatments, and with functional business colleagues to query and gain an understanding significant transactions.
- Undertake an analytical review of the management accounts, including variance analysis of actuals, budget, and forecast.
- Prepare financial information, co-ordinate, and manage financial review meetings with operational management. Clarify the business reasons behind variances to budget & forecast. Attain appropriate commentaries. Complete reviews by critical analysis and conclusions for Management reports.
- Manage the preparation and submission of regulatory financial reporting to meet NBI's contractual obligations.
Planning, Budgeting, & Forecasting
- Support and facilitate the Functional Heads to construct their bi-annual and annual budgets.
- Maintain the Project Cost Model (PCM). Undertake in conjunction with operational management regular re-forecasting of project plans based on actual performance to date and the expected performance for the remainder of the project period based on latest PCM assumptions.
- Maintain the Deployment Area Cost Template (DACT) setting out build costs by project. Ensure that the latest actual and forecast DA costs are incorporated into the model at each key milestone date.
- Anticipate financial implications of changes to project plans. Monitor financial risks and opportunities.
- Interpret transactions to provide preliminary accounting treatment e.g. capex/opex assessment.
- Create financial models and business cases for new scenarios arising for the business.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of project plans and deliverables through strong business partnering with assigned functional area.
- Add value to your assigned functional area by being their key point of contact for all finance related issues, finding solutions to problems, and providing insightful business analysis.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Functional Heads, key performance indicators & metrics for each element of the business. Explore opportunities to create better insights into market opportunities and cost behaviours.
MIS and ERP
- Leverage MIS systems to increase the use of visualisation tools so as to make the interpretation of financial data easier for Management e.g. dashboards.
- Implement processes which enable Management to have online access to information that will enable them to become proficient in financial management.
- Develop templates and reports in the ERP system to automate and improve finance deliverables.
- Embrace and drive system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 years of relevant post-qualification experience.
- Experience in detailed financial modelling, for example as part of a transactions advisory function in an accounting firm, bank or financial institution.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures is required to manage technical accounting topics.
- Experience using MS Power BI is favourable.
- Desire to take ownership with an ability to follow through to completion.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Structured and organised work practices.
- Demonstrates a willingness to "roll up sleeves" to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work effectively with people at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.