Senior Electronic Design Engineer - Galway
Due to the fantastic expansion of my client, I'm currently working very close with the Engineering Director of an extremely innovative and forward-thinking organisation who design, develop and manufacture cutting edge technology that is used within the Automotive Industry. Due to this exciting expansion, my client is now looking to introduce a new member of their Engineering team.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout design for mixed signal boards (Cadence, Altium, Eagle etc.).
- Electronics hardware design through schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Debug electronic hardware and perform root cause analysis of concept and prototype designs.
- Hands-on test and development of new embedded hardware
- Manage the certification and approval of hardware designs.
- Plan and perform signal integrity tests and qualification tests on new product hardware releases.
- Create schematic symbols and component footprints.
- Create BOM of electronic components and assemblies, including component specifications;
- Create bare board specifications for fabrication
- Create PCB assembly manufacturing files such as PCB gerber, Pick and Place, component assembly
- Provide expertise and support on planning of EMC tests
- Minimum 6+ years overall experience in analog and/or power electronics design
- Experienced in design of mixed signal circuits and high-power circuits
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 Safety Standards and Requirements is preferred
- Familiar with automotive/industrial safety related design requirements
- Strong electronic engineering fundamentals in electronic circuit design/development with microcontroller-based embedded systems
- High familiarity with bench test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, logic analysers…etc) is essential.
- Experience with high-power electronics is preferred
- Experience with real-time embedded systems is a plus
- Experience with digital control (power supplies, chargers, motor drives…etc) is a plus.
- Working experience interfacing with mechanical, electrical, electrochemical, and thermal systems
- Hands-on experience with HIL systems and battery testers is a plus
- Experience supporting and leading technical efforts
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Work from home opportunities
- Life insurance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.