Senior Category Manager
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to join an exciting organisation that are currently going through significant expansion. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience and strong leadership skills. The role requires a strategic thinker who will drive a culture of high operational performance within the Capital procurement team.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for the development and execution of procurement and category strategies in order to efficiently and effectively deliver capital contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term Capital Sourcing Plans in collaboration with senior business stakeholders carrying out in-depth demand analysis and prioritise sourcing programmes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall Supply Chain strategy and vision as well as working with senior leadership to develop detailed strategies for capital programmes in line with Supply Chain objectives.
- Coordinate with Category Management team to incorporate common category requirements from capital programmes into category plans.
- Ensure financial and non-financial benefits are realised by monitoring supplier performance and spend analytics
- Use in-depth capital expertise and construction market knowledge to develop functional capabilities in the Supply Chain Capital Delivery Partner and Business Delivery Partner team.
- Drive implementation of Supply Chain policy within the Capital Delivery Team.
- Generate monthly reports for the Head of Supply Chain as to the status and achievement of the
- Portfolio Savings Plan, Cost Reduction programme and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage senior business stakeholders, participate in relevant meetings and build a culture that
- encourages strong working relationships with Supply Chain customers
- Lead staff and drive a 'one team' culture.
- Lead large Capital Delivery team and Capital Delivery Leads across various geographical locations, identifying and resolving potential resource constraints.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.