KBCI are currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Professional to join the current Procurement team in the role of Senior Category Manager ("SCM") for all aspects of the IT/Telecoms Categor
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBCI') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
KBCI are currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Professional to join the current Procurement team in the role of Senior Category Manager ("SCM") for all aspects of the IT/Telecoms Category, including:-
Hardware, Software, Services, Professional Services, Cloud and Outsourcing.
The SCM is the centre of a network of internal business owners, stakeholders and colleagues and external Suppliers who will lead, devise, develop and implement meaningful strategies and plans for the IT/Telecoms Category. Those strategies and plans will then be self-delivered via appropriate sourcing methodologies in order to ensure the effective procurement of all IT/Telecoms goods/services from 3rd Party Suppliers and KBC Group whilst achieving:-
optimum cost (using total cost of ownership basis), optimise value to the business, help drive innovation in accordance with KBC standards, policies, processes and procedures, and in compliance with relevant legal/regulatory requirements, whilst ensuring mitigation of all risks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the current KBCI Spend Profile in all its aspects within the IT/Telecoms Category and be able to complete in-depth data and spend analysis based on historical purchasing patterns;
- In conjunction with key stakeholders and based upon the spend profile, knowledge of the supply market, devise, develop, implement and maintain effective Category strategies and plans for the IT/Telecoms Category using a strategic focus and long-term view
- Continually and proactively influence key stakeholders through active discussion and collaboration to deliver all category management objectives incl. TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) savings, Purchase price savings, Cost Avoidance, Supplier Consolidation, Security of Supply, Efficiency improvements and Innovation, Internal Stakeholder satisfaction, Demand management, Environmental and social sustainability, Regulatory compliance;
- Lead, drive and deliver the implementation of sourcing strategies using appropriate sourcing methodologies for IT/Telecoms third party and Intra-Group spend, ensuring alignment with business requirements, whilst optimising cost and maximising value;
- Be a source of expert knowledge for the IT/Telecoms Category, for both existing Supplier engagements and potential capabilities in the broader supply market, including external networking and benchmarking;
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have deep understanding, knowledge and 10+ years' experience in the IT/Telecoms category and general Procurement environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Cloud and Outsourcing;
- Demonstrable experience of IT/Telecoms specifications, spend profiling, supply markets, cost drivers, analysis, reporting an presentation, and financial regulatory environment;
- Degree level or qualified by experience within the industry. Relevant Procurement qualification IIPMM, CIPS, ACIPS desirable;
- Previous experience within either Financial Services or Retail desirable but not essential;
- Knowledge of ORACLE and Power BI desirable but not essential;
- Communication and Influencing;
- Strategic thinking & Shaping Direction;
- Strong Commercial acumen and Negotiation;
- Problem-Solving & Decision-Making;
- Results-focussed and Ability to Deliver;
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Be highly driven, energetic and self-motivated;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills with proven ability to pro-actively engage, collaborate and influence stakeholders & colleagues at all levels;
- Excellent Organisational and Analytical ability combined with sound judgement, commercial acumen and an ability to think strategically and independently;
- Ability to recognise, identify and interpret problems, whilst finding appropriate solutions and resolutions;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
MORGAN MCKINLEY ARE THE ON-SITE RECRUITMENT PARTNERS FOR KBC IRELAND