Our client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a banking or advisory background.
Senior Business Development Manager
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Job Family: Investment, Asset & Liability Management
Career Stream: Professional
Career Zone: Line Manager / Senior Professional
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 25th February 2020
Our client is expanding the Business Development function of their business and wishes to recruit an energetic, self-driven and motivated Business Development Manager at senior level to create and implement the business development strategy on a National basis. This new role will be a key role in helping our client to achieve its Business Plan.
The successful candidate should ideally be from a banking or advisory background and have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how, be a team player who not only understands how to identify new market opportunities, but also knows what it takes to realise that opportunity. They're especially looking for someone with great communication skills, and the ability to interact effortlessly with a wide range of Industry Stakeholders, as the role will be required to represent our client and its activities at national level. They will be required to develop excellent relationships with builder/developers, construction industry representative, existing borrowers and stakeholders in general. This role will entail a significant degree of travel within Ireland and will be offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Engage and build effective relationships with a wide range of industry stakeholders nationwide, to develop a deep understanding of the Home Building sector, specifically to:
- Promote awareness of our client and its product offering,
- Understand Industry issues by region, rural versus urban, development type, customer type, etc.
- Identify potential clients and identify market opportunities for the development of new business
- Develop an understanding of Industry issues that are a priority for our client and provide accurate feedback and robust Information for dissemination to the internal team to allow successfully support and delivery of their business plan
- Represent our client and its activities at national level, including participating in Industry Forums, conferences, client discussions, etc.
- Analyse and understand our clients Business targets, by product, revenue stream, region, customer profile, etc., in order to make recommendations to the COO for business development
- Contribute and support the development of the Marketing Strategy
- Provide recommendations for content for Website / Social Media Channels
- Support the planning/delivery of communications plans, campaigns and events and input to preparation of materials, event promotion, etc,
- Support the development of a Customer database, logging referrals, presentations, etc., to optimise the development of potential opportunities
- Contribute to product development within the team through timely feedback from the marketplace to the team.
- Work closely with the team and other areas within the NTMA in order to facilitate effective communication and business development ideas.
- Support other teams as required in the development of business proposals to effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 - 7 years' experience at senior management level working in the residential development/funding sector, or Financial Advisory Sector
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and market awareness, excellent knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts with Stakeholders within and outside the company/industry
- Knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand financial data and financial forecasts.
- A good knowledge of the main builder/developers in each region and key stakeholders in these regions
- Strong understanding of the Irish planning and development system.
- Exceptional networking skills and relationship management skills must have a notably pleasant character to develop and maintain key relationships
- 'Can do attitude' with entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem solving skills and ability to generate new ideas
- Strong Analytical Skills with ability to understand Business Plans and figures
- Ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- An ability to work alone and remotely as the role will involve travel 2/3 days per week
- Highly effective communication skills, in writing and in person to facilitate and interact with diverse groups of people without being misunderstood
- Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.