Senior Automation Design Engineer - Westmeath
The Senior Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
- Use a simple, common-sense approach to automation projects while Understanding the existing processes, Simplifying the current process and finally, Automate the process.
- Lead a program to search for improvements through the above principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI's capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
- Manage mission critical automation projects through their typical lifecycle for legacy products and new product development projects.
- Provide guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle workstream.
- Provide subject matter expertise to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
- Prepare design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Procure and manage vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
- Ensure delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site's EHS policies and SOP's.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) - Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.